I have this peculiar adoration for the women who are with the men I almost fell in love with.

They used to make me feel insecure, probably because I compare myself to these women and think about why it never worked with me, but it had with them. But the more I interact with them, or the more I look into their social media accounts like Sherlock on his couch, the more I become attracted to their sophisticated ways.

There is something these women have in common: that heir of superiority - something my father used to describe my mom. I see that in many admirable women and perhaps that's one thing I easily recognize because that's something I don't have. Oh, the art of compensation.

I wish I were superior, behaving like a princess, performing like a queen, deciding like a boss. Perhaps it might have worked out with one of them.