So who am I?

Not that it matters, but if you're ever brought here, allow me to introduce myself. (Or reintroduce, if you ever claim to know about me from hearsays.) (I'm kidding.)

I am currently a 19-year-old student from one of the most populated universities in my city, taking up AB Sociology. I used to study BS Nursing in Cebu Normal University, but I was very indecisive, so I transferred to BS Psychology in the school I'm enrolled in now. However, I had so much going on with myself that my failing marks caused the department to drop me out. My weakness in juggling things like a small-time modeling career, academics & social life has woken me up and made me take my current course seriously.

I was a consistent honor student in my grade school days, but I really don't take that much credit from it to be able to call myself diligent, since I was the salutatorian in a class of 23. But I take pride in the fact that my first plane ride was during an all-expense paid trip to represent my school in the Nationals Schools Press Conference in Davao during 6th grade. News writing, English category. Placing during the regionals alone was an achievement for me at 10 years old, so I could pretty much say I made my parents proud. I lost all the photos from that trip, and I never got my medal from the regionals because we left before the awarding, but I couldn't forget being overwhelmed when I got to my school and saw a small tarpaulin congratulating me. That was the first and probably the last time ever that a school would take pride in me.

In high school, I was an academic scholar, with PUNLA & ESC Foundation partially paying for my tuition fee. I wasn't an achiever in high school, perhaps I was new to a big crowd so I couldn't handle the competition. But maintaining a grade to get my school fees paid was my greatest achievement. When I was incoming fourth year, I enrolled in a summer workshop in debate. That was the same summer that I also enrolled in a modeling workshop. Yep, it's also one of my histories in juggling attempts.

I write a lot. I write when I'm happy, when I'm mad, when I'm anxious or when I'm sad. I have a pile of notebooks from the day I treated a journal as a best friend to the day I finally decided to bury ugly memories on paper. To me, writing is a catharsis.

I love reading books. I do, but I only finished reading less than twenty, mostly young adult fiction. I couldn't grasp the depth of classics, but my father always wanted me to be interested in Shakespeare's plays or Mark Twain's works, but I never get to the second chapter if I try to start reading one. That probably explains the lack of profundity in this text.

I used to be a romanticist, and by that, I mean I used to be excessively sentimental. This blog's title used to be 'against gravity' with the subtitle 'holding grudges for the sake of art', but I've already realized how bad it sounds. Oh the phrases you find witty when you're seventeen.

From the essence of all this, you could probably smell that inherent self-dissatisfaction. I choose to see that as a positive trait. I am thirsty for growth. One can never be too old for new wisdom & learning. I am fueled by the opportunities that are coming my way, & I am constantly grateful for the great things that has happened.

That's all for now.

Hoping for better days to come your way, too!
Love always,
Clare